Alright, alright, alright…. What if told you the Fountain of Youth is attainable with just a few dedicated exercises done by you? Yes!
Are you excited? I bet you are. There are no big costs involved, and I am eager to share with you what I read recently in an article, which appeared in the New York Times. Below is a summary of the highlights I think you will want to try.
- Facial Exercises are key. And, expressive movements. With these exercises some women who were middle-aged reduced their facial aging by about 3 years!
- After doing the exercises for an estimate of 8 weeks, results significantly reduced aging by week 20.
- These exercises targeted the face and neck.
Continue reading Fountain of Youth Exercises
This is a follow-up to my April 2017 post about using eye creams. I have often wondered if facial moisturizer is ok to use around my eyes. So I did a little more research .
- The skin around the eye is much softer and sensitive and hence prone to more damage in the form of fine lines, dark circles, puffiness etc.
- Aging makes the skin thinner and hence more vulnerable to genetic and environmental change.
- Most facial moisturizers contain active ingredients that are too harsh for the delicate under eye area.
- an eye cream is lighter in its texture. Since eye creams are more emollient they work better as there are no oil glands present in the skin near the eyes.
- Your dermatologist will be able to identify your skins need and prescribe the right eye cream which will have the right ingredients to boost your appearance. Source: http://blog.myskin.com/insights/can-i-use-my-face-moisturizer-as-an-eye-cream/
Continue reading Moisturizing the delicate skin around your eyes
How many of you believe that what we consume, what we put inside of our bodies, also contributes to what we manifest externally? For example, if you eat too much salt, does it show up as puffiness around your eyes?
The questions about what we are consuming in terms of real nutrition remains mostly a mystery to many of us. Did you know that you can buy a bottle of dill pickles, which do not have any dill in it? What do those descriptions on the back labels of food that we buy really mean? Maybe we need to get “food-educated”!
- Fooducate is a personal grocery advisor, helping people make healthy food choices for their families. Fooducate’s nutrition app is available online and for iPhone and Android mobile devices.via About Fooducate | Fooducate.
Continue reading Diet & Beauty… Are These Two Related? Does It Matter?
Is beauty truly only skin deep?
Are these things that are happening essentially ordained?
gifts … of a well (or not well) – lived long life …
Are we forcing ourselves to bear chains to a time
that essentially has already passed?
Never to return again.
Or, might it be that as we age, we simply refuse to accept what is happening to our hair, looks, body …
Moreover, doctor cuts, facepaint, pulled back eyelifts,
chin tucks, various creams and knives etc.
no matter how many fixes, brushes, paintings, shadows, lippaints we buy
this new canvas we employ
can not stop age nor its onslaught …
Might it be that we are forcing ourselves
to reject our next stage of beauty?
What do you think?