This is a follow-up to my April 2017 post about using eye creams. I have often wondered if facial moisturizer is ok to use around my eyes. So I did a little more research .
- The skin around the eye is much softer and sensitive and hence prone to more damage in the form of fine lines, dark circles, puffiness etc.
- Aging makes the skin thinner and hence more vulnerable to genetic and environmental change.
- Most facial moisturizers contain active ingredients that are too harsh for the delicate under eye area.
- an eye cream is lighter in its texture. Since eye creams are more emollient they work better as there are no oil glands present in the skin near the eyes.
- Your dermatologist will be able to identify your skins need and prescribe the right eye cream which will have the right ingredients to boost your appearance. Source: http://blog.myskin.com/insights/can-i-use-my-face-moisturizer-as-an-eye-cream/
- The delicate skin around the eyes needs remedies that are exceptionally gentle on it and almond oil is perfect for this job. Regular use of almond oil lightens the skin and keeps it nourished at the same time. You can apply almond oil daily on the circles under the eyes and gently massage it into the skin with circular motions, but make sure you put minimal pressure on the skin while doing it. A good way to avoid pressing the massaged area too much is performing the massage with ring fingers as it won’t allow you to use as much force as when you do it with index fingers.
- Cucumber has countless properties that may bring benefits to your skin and lightening the dark circles under your eyes is one of them. Cut the cucumber into slices and cool them in the fridge. Place them on your closed eyes and leave on until they warm up, then replace them with two fresh, chilled slices. Continue the treatment for 20 minutes. You should get an instant result of refreshed and brightened skin around the eyes. https://www.nlda.org/a/dark-circles-under-eyes/
4 thoughts on “Moisturizing the delicate skin around your eyes”
Thank you for sharing your research! I too was wondering if there really was importance to eye creams but now I can see there is!
Thanks. You are welcome. I found it very interesting too. Look for my post next month about Eye Gel Patches 🙂
Cucumber is good as a moisturizer. I use this every night before bed and this is so soothing. I think whatever skin type you have, it’s still one of those essentials you need for your skin. Thanks for sharing.
Thanks for thst tip.