This is a follow-up to my April 2017 post about using eye creams. I have often wondered if facial moisturizer is ok to use around my eyes. So I did a little more research .
- The skin around the eye is much softer and sensitive and hence prone to more damage in the form of fine lines, dark circles, puffiness etc.
- Aging makes the skin thinner and hence more vulnerable to genetic and environmental change.
- Most facial moisturizers contain active ingredients that are too harsh for the delicate under eye area.
- an eye cream is lighter in its texture. Since eye creams are more emollient they work better as there are no oil glands present in the skin near the eyes.
- Your dermatologist will be able to identify your skins need and prescribe the right eye cream which will have the right ingredients to boost your appearance. Source: http://blog.myskin.com/insights/can-i-use-my-face-moisturizer-as-an-eye-cream/
Continue reading Moisturizing the delicate skin around your eyes
I am convinced aging is something we should welcome. The opportunity to share our mature years with our family and friends is certainly a blessing. Nevertheless, not only do we want to be fit, we also want to look our best. Feeling good about our appearance is important to many of us. So when a study comes out that helps us to do that, we are happy to learn about it.
In a recent study conducted at the University of Queensland in Brisbane, Australia with 903 adults below the age of 55 that regular use of sunscreen show no increase in skin aging. In fact, the study showed that the adults who used sunscreen daily appeared 24 percent younger than those who did not use the sunscreen daily. Miracle? Maybe :), but I think many of us may consider using SPF protection going forward after hearing about these findings. you can read more about the study by clicking this link. via Sunscreen – The New Fountain of Youth? | Advanced Dermatology Blog – Dermatologists in NY and NJ.
Below is the scoop on some of the best moisturizers with SPF. Click on the link for details.
- Sunscreens are essential for skin care day in and day out, 365 days a year. If applied correctly (meaning liberally and reapplied as often as needed), they are the best anti-wrinkle product you can use. In order to make the Best Products list, a moisturizer with sunscreen must: Provide broad-spectrum sun protection and be rated SPF 15 or greater. Help skin fight sun damage. Increase healthy collagen production. Contain a mix of antioxidants, skin-repairing ingredients, and cell-communicating ingredients. Protect skin from environmental damage. Improve skin texture. Contain the appropriate ingredients for your skin type. Not be packaged in a jar via Best Moisturizers With Sunscreen: Beautypedia Skin Care Reviews.
- When I first got into my SPF obsession (back in my undergrad years of college), I didn’t really feel the need to shell out money for the most expensive brands. I was happy perusing the drugstore aisles for a decent moisturizer. I also wasn’t aware how important having an SPF of 30 was. The best one I found was Aveeno Positively Radiant Daily Moisturizer in SPF 15 ($16.99) (although a SPF 30 one does exist and I recommend getting that one). via Renee Jacques: I Tried Seven Popular Sunscreens And Found The Best One.
I hope this is helpful 🙂