This is a follow-up to my April 2017 post about using eye creams. I have often wondered if facial moisturizer is ok to use around my eyes. So I did a little more research .
- The skin around the eye is much softer and sensitive and hence prone to more damage in the form of fine lines, dark circles, puffiness etc.
- Aging makes the skin thinner and hence more vulnerable to genetic and environmental change.
- Most facial moisturizers contain active ingredients that are too harsh for the delicate under eye area.
- an eye cream is lighter in its texture. Since eye creams are more emollient they work better as there are no oil glands present in the skin near the eyes.
- Your dermatologist will be able to identify your skins need and prescribe the right eye cream which will have the right ingredients to boost your appearance. Source: http://blog.myskin.com/insights/can-i-use-my-face-moisturizer-as-an-eye-cream/
Continue reading Moisturizing the delicate skin around your eyes
I don’t know about you but I have spent a ‘pretty penny’ trying to find the best skin care products to use. It’s an expensive dent in my budget. That’s why when I read this article in the March 2016 Real Simple Magazine, I could not wait to share it with you. Of course we all have our ‘favorites’ when it comes to skin care, and so do our faces :). However, one should experiment occasionally when adding a new product to our skin care regimen. Here are some of the highlights of what the dermatologists had to say.
♦ According to Heather Rodgers, M.D. washing your face twice a day is not required because your skin protects it. For example, once you’ve cleaned your face in the evening, the next morning you only need to rinse it with water. Dr. Rodgers recommends Eucerin Gentle Hydrating Cleanser ($6.00) – Eucerin Products
♦ Elizabeth Hale, M.D. advises that it’s very important to use Sunscreen every single day. Foundation, which has sunscreen does not protect your skin. She recommends L’Oreal Paris Age Perfect Hydra-Nutrition SPF 30 Day Lotion *$20.00) –L’Oreal Products
♦ Roc Retinol Correxion Deep Wrinkle Night Cream ($23.00) shows beneficial change. –Roc Retinol Products
These are just a few of the suggestions in the magazine article. There is a wealth of information worth purchasing the magazine for.
In addition, you can go to the website for more information by clicking the link below.
♦ Best BB Creams for Every Skin Concern – BB creams quickly went from trend to staple after women learned that using them could slash a few steps from their daily beauty routine. Somewhere between a foundation and a tinted moisturizer, BB creams provide light coverage to help hide imperfections, but are also laced with antioxidants and sunscreen. Source: Skincare | Real Simple