As we welcome the beautiful changes of the seasons, we must also have remedies for what those changes bring to our health regimens. HairBlues searched for information we could use to counteract cold and allergy issues. For example, how can we distinguish the difference between when those sniffles are a cold or allergy? Do allergies appear only in the Spring, or do they also come during the Fall season? Continue reading Seasonal Health Remedies
I love Yoga! It has countless different specialties and varieties that you can choose from. That’s why I am eager to tell you about Gaiam TV and what they call Transformational Media. Continue reading Loving Anything Yoga !
You understand that total well-being includes more than makeup and a beautiful hairstyle. HairBlues wants you to know about all the big and little things that help make you a healthy person. Periodically we bring you news about more ways to stay healthy. We hope these tips help you and keep you thinking about more approaches to Beauty.
♦ Do you know the correct way to use your sunscreen? How long does your sunscreen’s effectiveness last? How much should you use? The answers to these questions and others about sunscreen can be found by clicking the link . Continue reading How’s your total well-being?
HairBlues is always looking for newer and more innovative ways to aid you with finding methods to support your well-being. We want you beautiful on the inside, as well as on the outside. That’s why when it came to our attention that there is medical care, which you can tap into as a way to get answers to your questions about health issues online, we wanted to tell you about it right away. What a wonderful thing! You can have a support group, which knows what you are experiencing because they are trying to manage the same types of issues. And guess what? Just by logging online with your computer, or mobile device, you can become medical care savvy. Continue reading Crowdsource Your Medical Care
Spring always makes me feel like I want to begin something new. That’s why this Post is going to give you links to some places you may find interesting, and useful. Continue reading Spring Beauties
Heads up Ladies & Gents. Are your heels ready for the warm weather, or, are your heels cracked, dry, and generally pretty embarrassing?
How many of us leave the salon with a beautiful pedicure, but within a few days our heels are dry, and cracked? Do you know what some of the causes are for cracked heels? According to a website I visited there are many reasons why you might be having this problem. In some instances the cracked heels might have a medical reason. Continue reading Are you ready to reveal those heels?
We’ve talked about being an exercising beauty before. Do yourself a favor and take some time today to learn the benefits of Yoga. Afterwards, treat yourself by viewing and using the free videos available at DoYogaWithMe.com by clicking the link at the end of this post. Continue reading Stress Less with Yoga
How do you imagine that African-American women ever thought that their skin was different from everyone else? How many of us remember the concern for ‘ashy’ skin. As young girls African-American girls learn to ‘lotion-up’ their skin . How many of us remember ‘Jergens’, and that wonderful smell in the morning before you put your clothes on? Well it turns out that training we received from our parents, cousins, grandmothers, has proved to give many of us beautiful skin late into our older years 🙂
The truth is African-American skin is no different from other skin-types, except that we have more melanin. And, having more melanin means that you will have darker skin. Darker skinned ladies will have better defenses against the sun, but they still have to protect their skin from the sun. This is very important to remember. We all burn in the sun.
Below are some tips I found for you to help you take care of your skin. When you find the time, read the full article, and learn about the many care steps you can take to stay beautiful !
What You Must Know
- Always use a gentle, water-soluble cleanser (avoid bar soaps; they are too drying, can clog pores and cause skin to look ashy and feel dry).
- Always choose products that are right for your skin type (i.e. gels and serums for oily or combination skin; creams and lotions for dry skin).
- Always use a well formulated sunscreen during the day (the most typical cause of uneven skin tone for women of color is sun damage).
- Always use products loaded with state-of-the-art ingredients including antioxidants, skin-repairing ingredients, and cell-communicating ingredients.
Winter Skin Tips for Everyone
- Add humidity to your home. Portable humidifiers or those that work with your heating system put moisture in the air that will be absorbed by your skin and hair.
- Use an oil-based moisturizer. Ointments or heavy creams seal water in the skin and preserve moisture better when the humidity is low.
- Slather on sunscreen. Before heading outdoors, apply a moisturizing, broad-spectrum sunscreen with at least SPF 30 to any exposed areas. Sunscreen protects from the sun’s harmful UV rays.
- Clean up the right way. Frequent bathing or hot showers or baths can strip your skin of natural oils. Avoid deodorant bars, antibacterial soaps, perfumed soaps, and skin care products containing alcohol. Instead, use warm water and a mild, fragrance-free soap or moisturizing body wash. Limit your showers or baths to no more than 10 minutes, pat dry, and moisturize while your skin is still damp.
For too many generations, beautiful black women worried whether their beauty was something to celebrate. As a matter of fact, for too long their hair was thought by some to be a source of embarrassment! Oh my goodness, get caught in the rain and get it wet! What a disaster! Flash forward . And how wonderful it is to see today’s young, old, beautiful black women of many hues celebrate their hair, as well as their beautiful diversity. With that said, as we celebrate African-American beauty, we will bring you tips for taking ‘beautiful’ care of yourself, including your hair.
Click the picture below to see 12 Beauty Blogs for Natural Hair
We’ve talked about being an exercising beauty before, and how yoga can be part of your routine. I found a very nice website, which will help you explore yoga. Click the link when you find an opportunity, and stay beautiful! The demo will start after a brief Ad 🙂
Yoga in 10: Basic Flow
You don\’t have to practice like a guru to benefit from yoga. Ten minutes a day can improve your balance, breathing and flexibility. Start stretching your way to better health with this fun introduction to the fundamentals of yoga from Steve Ross.via Yoga in 10: Basic Flow – Yoga in 10 | The Dr. Oz Show.