Heads up Ladies & Gents. Are your heels ready for the warm weather, or, are your heels cracked, dry, and generally pretty embarrassing?
How many of us leave the salon with a beautiful pedicure, but within a few days our heels are dry, and cracked? Do you know what some of the causes are for cracked heels? According to a website I visited there are many reasons why you might be having this problem. In some instances the cracked heels might have a medical reason. Go to the link at the end of this list and see whether you should visit a podiatrist.
Causes of Cracked Heels
- Walking around barefooted or in footwear such as thongs, sling or open backed sandals which help to dry out the feet.
- Genetics. Skin type is often genetic. Some heels get thick very thick callus but don’t crack where as others have no callus at all but crack badly after a day on the beach.
- Long standing at work or home, especially on hard floors.
- Increased weight which causes increased pressure on the heels causing callus.
- With increased weight the heel is also required to expand more and hence can often crack more.
- Ill fitting shoes or sandals that don’t support the heels from expanding sideways under pressure. via Heel Callus Cracked heels – Podantics Podiatry Adelaide.
Are your heels as pretty as your pedicure when you leave the salon: are you ready to reveal your heels in those pretty backless shoes?
Let’s get started now, and come up with a routine, which will keep those cracked heels under your control day after day. Now, I must share with you that it is not magic. Below I share my home remedy for your consideration. I followed this procedure for about three weeks, and after a period of time there was considerable improvement. I use a callosity scraper when my feet are dry. You can find a scraper similar to the one I used at:
Go ahead and get proactive by starting to work on those cracked heels now. Within a few weeks, your heels should be looking and feeling great, and you will be able to wear those slides you have with confidence!
Take a look at this video I found on the Web (after a brief advertisement) by clicking the link. http://bcove.me/eaysnx77
I hope this is helpful 🙂
3 thoughts on “Are you ready to reveal those heels?”
Mine are almost ready 🙂 thanks for the tip!
wonderful! thanks for the comment.