Alright, alright, alright…. What if told you the Fountain of Youth is attainable with just a few dedicated exercises done by you? Yes!
Are you excited? I bet you are. There are no big costs involved, and I am eager to share with you what I read recently in an article, which appeared in the New York Times. Below is a summary of the highlights I think you will want to try.
- Facial Exercises are key. And, expressive movements. With these exercises some women who were middle-aged reduced their facial aging by about 3 years!
- After doing the exercises for an estimate of 8 weeks, results significantly reduced aging by week 20.
- These exercises targeted the face and neck.
Continue reading Fountain of Youth Exercises
Happy New Year from HairBlues !
Now that you have written all of your New Year’s resolutions, and have committed to carrying through with those intentions, I’d like to make another suggestion that you may not have thought about.
I am talking about getting a skin checkup as part of your yearly healthwise plan.
You might be surprised to find out that skin cancer is the most common type of cancer there is. It’s incredibly prevalent; some skin-care statistics show that 2-3 million instances of skin cancer will be diagnosed globally every year. The good news is that skin cancer can be treated as long as it’s caught early… Read More »Source: Why You Should Get a Yearly Skin Cancer Exam – Leading MCW Continue reading Healthwise: New Year Checkups!
Although, I’m retired, it’s still fun to think about what to wear to a business holiday party.
Do you have your holiday party look together yet? I’ve searched the Internet to see what I could find for you ladies & gents. I must say some of the looks are fabulous.
Prices range from the high to low-end, but I can assure you there is something there for you all. In fact, even if you don’t decide to spend the extra dollars for this season – you can certainly use some of the fashion ideas.
Ladies can view the gallery of outfits by clicking the pics below.
Men can click the pic below for ideas.Enjoy the season!
Have you ever considered massage therapy as part of your wellness routine? What if I told you massage therapy could provide the following: pain relief; reduction in stress; better sleep; and, lower blood pressure. Just to name a few benefits.
Here are some findings:
American Massage Therapy Association
♦ Specific to osteoarthritis in the knee, a research study funded by the National Center for Complementary and Integrative Health (NCCIH) found that a 60-minute “dose” of Swedish massage therapy performed once a week for pain was both optimal and practical.5
♦ Two recent clinical studies report that patients with diabetic peripheral neuropathy in their feet can significantly benefit from foot massage. Each study relied on a different massage technique, although both shared similarly positive conclusions.
♦Though limited, there have been a few studies that point to a positive connection between massage and migraine relief.
Note: Before your insurance will pay for the massage, you must provide proof from your primary health care physician that it is a medically necessary procedure. Continue reading Massage & Wellness
I have long been a fan of bright eye makeup, even before it was considered acceptable. Therefore, I was absolutely delighted to see a recent article, which featured ‘graphic’ and bright eye makeup ideas. In fact, it was all the rage on this year’s fall runways!
Some of the graphic suggestions you may want to consider are:
- Keep your skin ‘natural’; fill in your eyebrows lightly.
- Wear bare eyelashes, or use clear mascara.
- Use a light base of foundation, or primer to keep your eyeliner in place.
- Draw the ‘Wings’ first, use multiple shades, and avoid a perfect match!
♥ Sounds like so much fun! Read the article and get creative. Source:
New York Times, Graphic Eye Makeup
Those of us who suffer from hair loss remain hopeful that new remedies for this problem will continue to come forward and become more available. After all, we can go to Jupiter right? The hair loss issue is ongoing, complex and continues to grow. Even Instagram Star Kayla Itsines thought it was important enough to share her hair loss. I think it’s comforting for young women who are feeling ‘singled-out’ and scared to know they are not alone, and it’s not just a ‘senior citizen’ problem 🙂
Having said that, I am encouraged by a recent article in the New York Times about a Danish company, Harklinikken. This company is opening clinics in the US. Yes! Read a summary of what I learned. As always you can view the entire article on your own by clicking the source link. Continue reading Hair Loss & New Remedies
‘Thinking you are unable to meditate is a little like thinking you are unable to breathe, or to concentrate or relax.’ Jon Kabat-Zinn, Wherever You Go, There You Are
This is the continuation of last month’s post about ‘Mindfulness’ and whether there is a difference compared to mediation. I searched the www for help in clarifying if they are the same thing. Below is one explanation, which I hope helps 🙂
Meditation is when you intentionally set aside time to do something that’s good for you, and there are all kinds of meditations. Mindfulness is both a general awareness of the world and a formal meditation practice. It’s two things, not one. Meditation and mindfulness overlap in mindfulness meditation, which is one of the most popular types of meditation. Source: What’s Actually the Difference Between Mindfulness and Meditation?
If you are still not convinced that you should explore mindfulness/meditation, here are some of the benefits I found: alleviates chronic pain; reduces stress; an, regulates emotions in the brain. In addition, scientists and psychologists are also on board with the idea that these results can be gained by meditating. Source: http://www.awaken.com/2017/01/benefits-of-meditation-2/
Continue reading Meditation Anyone?
♦ HairBlues talks about all sorts of issues dealing with health and well-being. Lately, it seems that ‘Mindfulness’ is all the rage. That’s fine, but, what is it?
One source for the answer to my question stated:
♥ Mindfulness cannot be cultivated by struggle. It grows by realizing, by letting go, by just settling down in the moment and letting yourself get comfortable with whatever you are experiencing. Source: Mindfulness Versus Concentration Continue reading Mindfulness Satisfaction
What remedies have you used lately for your “under eye” issues? This segment is the third post in the series about the best care and remedies for dark circles, puffiness and general “under eye” care.
Here’s what I found about Eye Gel Patches:
1. Eye Gel Patches contain collagen, which help skin look fresh, buoyant, and younger. They are usually made from natural, friendly ingredients and materials that often moisturize and hydrate the skin. Many times, wrinkles form from not drinking enough water. Source: How Eye Gel Patches Can Remove Under Eye Wrinkles | Eye Care Continue reading Are Eye Gel Patches Safe?
This is a follow-up to my April 2017 post about using eye creams. I have often wondered if facial moisturizer is ok to use around my eyes. So I did a little more research .
- The skin around the eye is much softer and sensitive and hence prone to more damage in the form of fine lines, dark circles, puffiness etc.
- Aging makes the skin thinner and hence more vulnerable to genetic and environmental change.
- Most facial moisturizers contain active ingredients that are too harsh for the delicate under eye area.
- an eye cream is lighter in its texture. Since eye creams are more emollient they work better as there are no oil glands present in the skin near the eyes.
- Your dermatologist will be able to identify your skins need and prescribe the right eye cream which will have the right ingredients to boost your appearance. Source: http://blog.myskin.com/insights/can-i-use-my-face-moisturizer-as-an-eye-cream/
Continue reading Moisturizing the delicate skin around your eyes