- According to some of the research I did, serums can help with various kinds of skin problems like, wrinkles, acne, redness, or dryness. They can produce powerful results, compared to other skin care products. Since they are water-based, your skin absorbs them quickly. Also, they don’t have petrolatum, or other kinds of oil. Serums have nutrients, (like retinol and vitamin C), which are good for your skin.
- Serums don’t replace moisturizers – but they may boost the hydrating effects of your moisturizer.
- Using serums is a personal choice, and they are not just for aging skin. For help in deciding what type of serum could enhance your skin, ask your dermatologist.
- Click this link to learn more about face serums. There are tutorials which provide information on the different types of face serums, and how to use them. https://www.faceserum.com/best-face-serums/
Note: Serums will not protect your skin from the sun!
- Other Research Sources:
1) What are Skin Serums?
3) What’s the difference – serums/moisturizers ?